If you find a stray dog with no identification follow these steps:
- Take the dog to your local shelter or vet so that they can scan the dog for a microchip; hopefully you’ll locate the owner.
- If there is no microchip and you are unable to keep the dog safe with you, make flyers with dog’s picture and information and post in and around the area where he or she was found.
- Contacting your local shelters and report the found dog
- If you cannot keep the dog, ask friends if they can help. If no one is able to help take him or her to your local shelter. The shelter will hold the dog for several days before he or she can go up for adoption or is euthanized. You can ask to be notified once the 5 days are up, and if nobody has claimed the dog you normally have the option to pick the dog back up in lieu of euthanasia.
- If you have a little extra room and want to help, after you have notified shelters, vets and put posters up and nobody claims the dog, Jasmines’s House Inc. will be happy to help you find a home for the dog with him or her under your care as a foster.
Please see the Foster Program Pages to learn more about our foster program.
You Need To Surrender Your Dog?
If for some reason you are not able to properly take care of your dog and you contact us for help, we will ask for a detailed and thorough description of your dog, pictures and the reason why you must give him or her up for adoption.
We work on case by case situations and will accepts dogs into our program if space is available and they meet our criteria for being able to be re-homed.
Once we have contacted you and conducted a phone interview, we will send someone from our rescue to go meet the dog being surrender and do an evaluation. If the dog is approved into our adoption program, we will place the dog in foster care until adopted.
You will sign a surrender form releasing the dog to our rescue, and provide us with all of the dog’s medical records.
Please don’t contact us if you need to surrender your dog the next day or very quickly. We are not a shelter and we don’t have the ability or space to operate as one. If you can work with us, we can generally work to help you.
Fill out a Surrender Form for more information.